How We Raised Over $300 in One Week for Cancer Awareness


It is officially the halfway mark of Ovarian Cancer Awareness month! What have you done for yourself or others in spreading awareness and making a difference?

So far, my birthday week has brought about two successful fundraisers.

This year, my family joined me on Saturday, Sept. 14, in raising awareness for Georgia Ovarian Cancer Alliance's Teal Trot 5K Run/Walk at Chastain Park Amphitheater in Atlanta, Georgia.

My team, Abi's All Stars, raised $179.23 thanks to the following contributors: CM, PK, C&CN, EG, SC, JZ and DH. I want to thank all of you who donated or shared my information along with your peers! We got so so so close to my $200 fundraising goal and that makes me so happy!

Thank you especially to my mom, dad and fiance for walking with me on race day. It was a hot and humid Saturday morning walk through Chastain Park, and I think we all sweat more than we anticipated!

My mom and I wore teal tutus, so we still made it fun.

The event is the largest ovarian cancer awareness and fundraising event in Georgia, so I would love to see more participants and donors as the years go on.

This year, the event raised a total of $140,473.28 and hosted 1,054 participants of 88 teams on race day.

If you missed this opportunity to donate, please make sure to check out the "Donate" tab above and read about a few nonprofits that mean a lot to me.

For my birthday fundraiser on Facebook this year, I chose Lacuna Loft as the nonprofit to donate to. We exceeded my $100 goal, coming in at a solid $155 going straight to this program for young adult cancer survivors, patients and caregivers. This nonprofit serves these individuals at no cost and is an online platform for easier access to all.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to the following donors: CM, RC, RE and LP! 'Thank you' never seems sufficient to express my gratitude to you all, but please know it really means a lot to me, and of course to others using these services. You are making a difference!

Earlier this year, I participated in one of their writing workshops which helped me continue to wade through what I went through two years ago. I met some amazing people and heard their powerful stories. I hope I can join another workshop soon, as well as one of their really unique book clubs!

To donate to my birthday fundraiser, there is still some time left! Please visit https://www.facebook.com/donate/404836313547510/404836320214176/ to donate, or https://www.facebook.com/pg/LacunaLoft/about/?ref=page_internal for more information about Lacuna Loft.

Take care of yourselves,

Abi

No comments:

Post a Comment

How We Raised Over $300 in One Week for Cancer Awareness

It is officially the halfway mark of Ovarian Cancer Awareness month! What have you done for yourself or others in spreading awareness an...