23 Things I've Learned in 23 Years -- All Things Ab


Today marks my birthday, making me 23 years old. Twenty-three. I'm now closer to 25 than I am to 20.

Despite its downsides, 22 was a truly great year for me. I got engaged, moved across the country and back, published my own research and started my last year of undergrad. I experienced so much at 22 -- every emotion on the spectrum.

In an attempt to share whatever amount I've managed to gain during my 23 rotations around the sun, I've compiled a list of 23 things I've learned in 23 years. Still, I know I'll forget them from time to time, and I know I still have a thousand more to go. But I thought I'd keep up with the trend since I posted "22 Things I've Learned in 22 Years" last year.

Onward to 23.

1. I really like Christian Yelich. Glad we got that one out of the way.
2. I might be addicted to Target.
3. Things are cool, but experiences are cooler.
4. You don't know everything about a person's life, so don't jump to conclusions
5. You have the power to have a really good life, just like you have the power to have a really bad one.
6. You are not obligated in no way, shape or form to please everyone.
7. If you feel something needs to be said, say it. It's better to go that route than let it eat away at you.
8. People are only going to care about what they want to care about. Let them.
9. Be teachable. You're not always right.
10. Astrology will never cease to amaze me.
11. Sometimes your friends act more like family, and sometimes the other way is true too.
12. How you love yourself is how you teach others to love you.
13. Don't worry about the people who aren't happy for you. They probably aren't happy about themselves either.
14. I hold a lot of tension in my body (i.e. clenched jaw, shallow breaths, tight shoulders) and I need to stop that.
15. People who wonder if the glass is half empty or half full are missing the point. The glass is refillable.
16. Everything you are going through is preparing you for everything you have asked for.
17. Anything that costs you your peace is too expensive.
18. I'm really tired of reviewing oxidative phosphorylation (I'm ready to graduate).
19. Sometimes you win and sometimes you learn.
20. You can start over each morning.
21. Don't hide your magic.
22. Be in the moment, whether big or small
23. Remember you are only a moment


Take care of yourselves,

Abi

No comments:

Post a Comment

How We Raised Over $300 in One Week for Cancer Awareness

It is officially the halfway mark of Ovarian Cancer Awareness month! What have you done for yourself or others in spreading awareness an...