#30DaysOfTeal Day 6 All Things Ab is Growing


Hi everyone! Welcome to day 6 and Happy National Wear Teal Day!

Did you wear your teal today? Show me in the comments below. Chris did!!

Today I wanted to slow down with the medical jargon and not throw so much information at you for a nice little break. However, so that you can still get something out of day 6 and so that I can still contribute to the 30 days in this series, I will still be sharing some info at the end!

For now, I wanted to share 5 updates for the All Things Ab fam.

First, I am currently seeking individuals who are interested in submitting a guest post to the All Things Ab blog. You can be a friend, family member, survivor, patient, caretaker, spouse, general supporter, or a curious and generous mind.

If you need help picking a topic, I'm always up for a good little chat with you. I am leaving the first round of guest posts open to those willing to contribute, so pick a topic, write out some thoughts, and email me abimarmuro@gmail.com! Don't be shy.

Second, the blog will be moving over to a more professional platform on November 10th! This day will mark two years since that glorious phone call revealing my clean CT scan after I finished chemotherapy. As a celebratory gesture to myself, I thought it was the perfect time to take this 'baby' of mine to bigger and better levels.

I think we can all agree that this blog isn't the most compatible with mobile devices and isn't the prettiest to look at even on a desktop. The new site will have better features, more widgets, and easier accessibility and readability. Big things are in store for the new site and I want that reflected in how I interact with my readers. If you are contributing to guest posts, just know that all of that will be transferred over to the new site as well.

Third, if you didn't already know, All Things Ab has its own Instagram page! I've had so much fun interacting with different people in the week that it's been up and running, and challenging myself to get creative and more interactive in both my marketing strategy and my social goals for this brand.

I've found so many other great young adult survivor blogs and pages that I hope to work with someday and create something big and meaningful for those in this underserved community. One day, I'll share more about these brands and people, and hopefully, they'll contribute to the All Things Ab fam too!

Check out @AllThings_Ab on Instagram if you're interested!

Fourth, I had an ultrasound this morning for routine follow-up care on a polyp found in my gallbladder last year. I've been asymptomatic and feeling just fine, but I, along with my healthcare team, felt comforted by checking one last time that nothing has grown or changed or moved around in there. Cross your fingers for good news as the results will be in next week.

And last but not least, there are only four more days to register online to join and/or donate the Abi's All-Stars team for GOCA's Teal Trot 5K Walk/Run next Saturday, Sept. 14, in Atlanta! Please do so before Tuesday as it's [mybirthday] the last day to contribute online!!!

So far, my team has raised almost half of its fundraising goal!

For more information, please visit my team's webpage: https://raceroster.com/events/2019/22757/georgia-ovarian-cancer-alliance-teal-trot-5k-walkrun/pledge/team?id=67

Did you know?

A BRCA gene mutation is not only associated with breast cancer risk, but also ovarian cancer?


A BRCA gene mutation (the same gene mutation Angelina Jolie has) is often discussed in the media alongside an increased risk of getting breast cancer. If you have a BRCA gene mutation, you have a 35-60% increase of developing ovarian cancer too. BRCA gene mutations can be hereditary. 

To explore your family history, consider discussing genetic testing with your gynecologist or primary care physician. 


I'll be sharing my experience with genetic testing next week!


Take care of yourselves,


Abi






No comments:

Post a Comment

How We Raised Over $300 in One Week for Cancer Awareness

It is officially the halfway mark of Ovarian Cancer Awareness month! What have you done for yourself or others in spreading awareness an...